It will be much easier for you to decide how you want your life to look like when you are 30 if you have a role model to inspire you. So we have discussed with successful people from various domains and we invite you to tell us who is your role model.
I might not sound plausible, but I wouldn’t change anything major (except crashing my father’s car – which might have happen too often...)
You never know what impact even a small change can have and I am very content that the main personal goals that I wanted to achieve before the age of 30 can all be put in status ”done”:
- Living „happyyly ever after” with my highschool boyfriend
- Going together on holiday on an exotic island
- Driving a red cabrio
- Living closer to nature, in a cosy house with a small garden
I am not a fan of long term planning, but trying to have every day someting nice that I can look forward to. These are sometimes small, other times bigger things from different cathegories like:
- Food: a tasty Ritter Sport chocolate, breakfast on own terrace, having dinner in a nice & cosy bistro
- Beverage: a Zotter hot chocolate, a herbal tea, Gluehwein or a cocktail – depending on the season
- Leisure: a walk in the park, observing my boy doing „stunts” on his bike, watching a good movie (or series) with my husband, playing board games, relaxing and enjoying a good book
- Work: hiring more employees than the month before J, solving issues or at least making people realize that they are not that big as they initially thought – and most important that defining mitigation steps is more useful than whining, blaming (her-/himself, other people or circumstances etc.), working in a team and having fun together
- Miscellaneous: Putting a smile on abandoned childrens faces just by playing with them
Eventually, I’ll be seeing what the future brings. My expectation 10 years from now is to have a proper work-life balance.
I do not have one role mode as there are many people – and creatures – that I admire and that one has a lot to learn from.
ASE – SELS – German department