The person holding this position will work with a team of business analysts in the implementation of various requests: developing new code for internal databases, reviewing code and fixing performance issues, adding new features in databases, developing reports etc.
- Analyze the functional and non-functional needs detailed by product managers and synthesizes data structure concepts for different platforms.
- Create database structures from concept to implementation, taking into account data integrity, concept consistency and system performance
- Develop queries having in mind stability, integrity, optimal performance, security and quick response
- Create and optimize SQL scripts individually or in collaboration with the team, according to the established requirements
- Resolve problems on SQL servers and implement solutions to avoid problems in the future.
- Write documentation and specifications for databases and own code
- Apply methods of extraction, loading and processing of data
- Run predefined reports and build reports to extract the necessary data
- Investigate in real time, and until a resolution is obtained, problems that appeared on servers or in applications.
- Define processes, automate processes (if executed manually) and document changes.
- Good knowledge of SQL language and the main database systems (Microsoft SQL a must. Any other, such as PosgreSQL or MySQL are a plus)
- Working experience (+2 years) with MSSQL relational databases, Posgres
- Able to identify and analyze the problems encountered in the operation and performance of databases, able to identify a solution to these problems
- Knowledge of archiving, data restoration and other data recovery
- Flexibility / ability to work in a flexible environment with frequent process changes and project allocation variations
- The ability to organize, estimate the duration of tasks according to their complexity, plan activities and execute them independently or with the team
- The ability to work in parallel on several projects and to exchange tasks or activities between them, even teams when appropriate.